Sunday, November 7, 2010

The „Celebrate your new born“ combo


Now by no means I’m saying these wines are reasonably priced, but that’s not the point, these wines are a good way to celebrate a special occasion.

Barolo, Vigna D’Vai 2003 Ca’Brusa (Italy)



Brunello Di Montalcino, Villa I Cipressi 2004 (Italy)
Grape: Sangiovese Grosso clone Brunello variety http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangiovese


First Impresions:

These have a traditional red wine taste, with a fruity pallet; they have just the right strength.

Are there any differences? Well the second wine has a less fruity taste.

I didn’t drink these to anything but my guess is that it would go great with any red meat, or even a strong tasting pasta.

They did go very well with nice company and celebrating the birth of my son J.

Winery:

The Barolo, Vigna D’Vai comes from Diego Marengo’s winery.

The Brunello Di Montalcino comes from http://www.villaicipressi.it/chisiamo_ing.htm

Both wines I recommend wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment