Saturday, October 16, 2010

First Post - Madiba - Cinaut/Ruby Cabernet 2008 (South Africa)

The goal is to keep this blog pretty informal and simple.  The plan is to publish a photo of the bottle I just tried, write a bit about my first impression of the wine, the price I was able to buy it for, and the winery where it comes from, the grapes it was made of, and so on…

Here we go with the first post: 


Madiba - Cinaut/Ruby Cabernet 2008 (South Africa)



Recommendation:

For people who like a strong tasting wine.

First impression:

Pretty awful to be honest, it was really harsh. It might have been something I ate just before that had an impact, however to be honest I’m usually pretty easy to please when it comes to a good price, this wine however was slightly to much on the “aggressive” side

I left the bottle open for two days on the kitchen table, my brother was over for dinner and I have to say we both enjoyed it, ok I’m not saying it is a great wine, but after two days of letting it air and drinking it to chicken served with fired spinach it went down really well J

Price and where I got it from:


Price 23 zł (around 8,50 dollars)

A little about the winery:


A little about the grapes:

Both grapes are resistant to heat and drought (ruby cabernet is popular in California)






No comments:

Post a Comment